I embedded my twitter timeline to my blog to show all my current and updated tweets on twitter
I made a space on the blog sidebar allowing WordPress to connect to all of my other social media accounts which are Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. So people who read my blog can also follow and connect to my profile on those pages.
I added share buttons to my posts so people can share what I post on my blog.
I change the settings so people can comment on my posts
Different ways libraries use a variety of social media tools
Libraries use Facebook and Twitter to promote, giving live updates at events (Margie showed us an example last week), and interact with their patrons, answering any questions or issues the patron might have coming back quickly with a response instead of the patron having to go into the library, libraries use YouTube to upload videos of events they have recorded this could also be live streamed.
Link to at least 3 different social media accounts from Australian libraries.
Victoria State Library
Library related YouTube channel / Embed Video
Victoria State Library YouTube channel
embed a video
Digital time capsule buried in Library Foundations
- The possibility of being fined and sued
- Found under (Damages Associated with Copyright Infringement) in the link
- Copyright warning notice and asked to have the material taken down
- Account banned or suspended
- Pictures and Video taken down
Here is a link to a list of things of what you do and don’t do in a professional setting being put together by Travis Balinas
Have Your Social Media Profiles Completed in Full
Give out all the information of your business as much as possible or else people won’t know who you are or take you seriously.
Don’t Have Multiple Profiles
You don’t have to open different accounts, Use the privacy settings of social media so you can keep your professional and private life separate
You Are What You Tweet…and Share
What you post or tweet is a reflection on you
Don’t try to be Everywhere All the Time
You don’t need an account for every social media tool
Be a Friend to Get a Friend
If you know the answer to a question that have been posted on social media answer it.
Also when people asks for any recommendations
Don’t Be Needy
Don’t ask people to like or retweet posts
Avoid Poor Grammar and Spelling
Check for any grammar or spelling mistakes before you post
WHY ARE YOU WRITING IN ALL CAPS?
When writing post all in caps it say to people you are shouting at them or angry or upset about something
Stop Sharing the Same Message Again And Again
No one likes to see the same message again
Match the Right Content to the Right Network (and be Mindful of the Tone of Each Network)
Linkedin = Professional Facebook = Social
- Everyone can see your personal information (name, age, birth date, gender, location and picture)
- Some of your personal information is needed to have an account (as above)
- Risk of Identity theft from account details
- Social media privacy rules can change
- Everyone can see who you are, what you are doing, interested in and who you associate with.
- Advertisements / Recommendations from your profile and views
- Once you post its stuck online any anyone can see and share it with others
- Somebody can use the items you posted
- Other people can also post things you did that could implicate you
https://youtu.be/F7pYHN9iC9I (a video from the site that’s on YouTube)